crta
Hrvatska znanstvena Sekcija img
bibliografija
3 gif
 Naslovna
 O projektu
 FAQ
 Kontakt
4 gif
Pregledavanje radova
Jednostavno pretraživanje
Napredno pretraživanje
Skupni podaci
Upis novih radova
Upute
Ispravci prijavljenih radova
Ostale bibliografije
Slični projekti
 Bibliografske baze podataka

Pregled bibliografske jedinice broj: 832060

Časopis

Autori: Pavlin-Bernardić, Nina; Ravić, Silvija; Matić, Ivan Pavao
Naslov: The application of artificial neural networks in predicting children's giftedness
Izvornik: Suvremena psihologija (1331-9264) 19 (2016), 1; 49-60
Vrsta rada: članak
Ključne riječi: gifted students; identification of gifted students; artificial neural networks
Sažetak:
Artificial neural networks have a wide use in the prediction and classification of different variables, but their application in the area of educational psychology is still relatively rare. The aim of this study was to examine the accuracy of artificial neural networks in predicting students’ general giftedness. The participants were 221 fourth grade students from one Croatian elementary school. The input variables for artificial neural networks were teachers’ and peers’ nominations, school grades, earlier school readiness assessment and parents’ education. The output variable was result on the Standard progressive matrices (Raven, 1994), according to which students were classified as gifted or non-gifted. We tested two artificial neural networks’ algorithms: multilayer perceptron and radial basis function. Within each algorithm, a number of different types of activation functions were tested. 80% of the sample was used for training the network and the remaining 20% was used to test the network. For a criterion according to which students were classified as gifted if their result on Standard progressive matrices was in 95th centile or above, the best model was obtained by the hyperbolic tangent multilayer perceptron, which had a high accuracy of 100% of correctly classified non-gifted students and 75% correctly classified gifted students in the test sample. When the criterion was 90th centile or above, the best model was also obtained by the hyperbolic tangent multilayer perceptron, but the accuracy was lower: 94.7% in the classification non-gifted students and 66.7% in the classification of gifted students. The study has shown artificial neural networks’ potential in this area, which should be further explored.
Izvorni jezik: ENG
Rad je indeksiran u
bazama podataka:
Scopus
Kategorija: Znanstveni
Znanstvena područja:
Psihologija
URL cjelovitog teksta:
Časopis izlazi u samo elektroničkom izdanju: NE
Google Scholar: The application of artificial neural networks in predicting children's giftedness
Upisao u CROSBI: Nina Pavlin Bernardić (nbernardi@ffzg.hr), 9. Ruj. 2016. u 16:41 sati



Verzija za printanje   za tiskati


upomoc
foot_4