crta
Hrvatska znanstvena Sekcija img
bibliografija
3 gif
 Naslovna
 O projektu
 FAQ
 Kontakt
4 gif
Pregledavanje radova
Jednostavno pretraživanje
Napredno pretraživanje
Skupni podaci
Upis novih radova
Upute
Ispravci prijavljenih radova
Ostale bibliografije
Slični projekti
 Bibliografske baze podataka

Pregled bibliografske jedinice broj: 130153

Časopis

Autori: Rumboldt, Mirjana; Rumboldt, Zvonko; Pesenti, Serafina
Naslov: Premature parental heart attack is heralding elevated risk in their offspring
Izvornik: Collegium Antropologicum (0350-6134) 27 (2003), 1; 221-228
Vrsta rada: članak
Ključne riječi: kardiovaskulne bolesti; epidemiologija; rizični faktori; infarkt miokarda; potomstvo
Sažetak:
A small subgroup of children, whose parents have suffered a heart attack in their late thirties and early forties, may be at particularly high cardiovascular risk. University Hospital, Split, gives tertiary health care to some 700, 000 people in southern Croatia and treats about 300 acute myocardial infarctions per year, with a 3-5% share in the age under 45 years. This cross-sectional, clinical and laboratory study included all the patients below the age limit of 45 years, treated for acute myocardial infarction between 1990 and 1995, complexively 55 of them, and their natural children, 97 all in all. The results were compared to those of a stratified children's sample taken from the population of the same region. The relative weight, blood pressure, and plasma cholesterol were significantly higher in these children than in the control group (p < 0.05). In 50 of these offspring (51.5%), in addition to the obviously positive family history, detected were further cardiovascular risk factors, defined as values above the 95(th) distribution percentile for age and gender. The average blood pressure, relative weight and cholesterol levels were even higher in these, much greater thanriskymuch less than children than in the studied sample (p < 0.05), and much more elevated than in the matching control pupils (p < 0.001). The most often detected risk factors were elevated cholesterol (in 44%), arterial hypertension (in 40%), obesity (in 32%), and smoking (in 24%). Most of the children (64%) had only one additional risk factor, while in the remaining 36% the most prevalent risk factors were overweight (in 14 out of 18) and arterial hypertension (in 11 out of 18). It is concluded that cardiovascular risk factor screening among children with a positive family history of premature atherosclerotic complications is appropriate and cost-effective.
Projekt / tema: 0141011
Izvorni jezik: ENG
Current Contents: DA
Citation Index: DA
Ostale indexne publikacije: Biological Abstracts;International Current Awareness Services;International Bibliography of Social Science;Abstracts in Anthropology;Periodica Islamica;Sociological Abstracts & LLBA;Science Culture SARL;INIST - CNRS.
Časopis je naveden u
Pravilniku iz NN 2/97:
NE
Kategorija: Znanstveni
Znanstvena područja:
Kliničke medicinske znanosti,Stomatologija
Tiskani medij: da
Google Scholar: Premature parental heart attack is heralding elevated risk in their offspring



  Verzija za printanje   za tiskati


upomoc
foot_4